Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Week 4 Current Event


Current Event Post - Week 4
Company: Sea Island

Summary: This is one article that I'm particularly excited about because I love Revenge! The ABC Network is in the process of a licensing deal to begin a clothing line inspired by the characters on Revenge. ABC Studios, Matchbox Co., and Firefly Brand Management are teaming up to get this idea underway. Matchbox Co. represents the show's costume designer, Jill Ohanneson. Right now they are focusing on women's apparel and accessories but they have also considered plus size, shoes, and men's wear for the future. They hope to start with a holiday collection in one major retailer. This is a brilliant idea since the show already has 10 million followers on a weekly basis.

I think this article pertains to Sea Island because our guests and members could relate to the types of characters on Revenge. They live the same lifestyle and have the same ability as the Grayson family on the show. I think that our guests have extremely similar style to those characters and now they could dress just like them. 


My co-worker Stephanie also watches Revenge so she thinks this article was very interesting. She also thinks that our customers are similar to the Grayson's on the show and they share the same taste in appearance/clothing. This could be a fun way to appeal to that target customer.

(2013, June 4). ABC Studios in Licensing Deal for 'Revenge' Apparel, Accessories. Retrieved on June 11,  2013 from http://www.wwd.com/media-news/fashion-memopad/watch-your-back-6966444?src=rss/recentstories/20130604.

No comments:

Post a Comment